Innovative complete ELISA assay to assess semen quality in cats (all breeds)
The Cat 4MID® Kit (Ref. 4VDX-19K10) contains all reagents and buffers required for the quantification of proAKAP4 protein in sperm of cats and all felines.
This ELISA Kit is the 1st functional test to evaluate sperm quality in cats (all breeds)
The concentration of the proAKAP4 protein is a good indicator of sperm quality and of how the spermatozoa can keep its motility high and efficient overtimes (Sergeant et al. 2019 ; Delehedde et al. 2019).
High concentrations of proAKAP4 help select cat semen with long lasting motility and are indicative of good spermatogenesis, giving more mature, more “normal’ spermatozoa and less tail abnormalities ratio in semen samples (Bastan and Akcay, 2021 ; Sergeant et al. 2019 ; Delehedde et al. 2019).
Technical data about the Cat 4MID® Kit:
- Name: Cat 4MID® Kit
- Reference: Ref. 4VDX-19K10
- Specificity : cats (all breeds) / big cats / all felines
- This ELISA kit allows to assess from 1 to 88 amples simultaneously or individuously (12 breakable strips of 8 wells per 96 well-microplate / per kit)
- Easy to use immunoassay
- Easy to interpret
- Robust, objective and reproductible method
Research Use Only Product (RUO) / Not for Diagnosis or Therapeutic Use.
Examples of references about AKAP4/proAKAP4:
- Carracedo S, Briand-Amirat L, Dordas-Perpinyà M, Ramos Escuredo Y, Delcombel R, Sergeant N and Delehedde M (2022) ProAKAP4 protein marker: towards a functional approach to male fertility. Animal Reproduction Science. Vol.247(107074):1-20. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.anireprosci.2022.107074
- Bastan I and Akcay E (2021) Quality assessment of frozen bull semen with the precursor A-kinase anchor protein 4 biomarker. Andrologia e14164.
- Riesco M, Anel-Lopez L, Neila-Montero M, Palacin-Martinez C, Montes-Garrido R, Alvarez M, de Paz P, Anel L (2020) ProAKAP4 as Novel Molecular Marker of Sperm Quality in Ram: An Integrative Study in Fresh, Cooled and Cryopreserved Sperm. Biomolecules. 10(7):1046. doi: 10.3390/biom10071046.
- Nixon B, Bernstein I, Cafe SL, Delehedde M, Sergeant S, Eamens AL, Lord T, Dun MD, De Iuliis GN and Bromfield EG (2019b) A Kinase Anchor Protein 4 is vulnerable to oxidative adduction in male germ cells. Frontiers in Cell and Developmental Biology – Vol. 7:319.
- Delehedde M, Carracedo S, Selleslagh M, et al. ProAKAP4 polypeptide as a biomarker of sperm functionality and male fertility disorders. Int J Gynecol and Reprod Sci. (2019);2(1):13-19.
- Sergeant N, Briand-Amirat L, Bencharif D and Delehedde M (2019) The Sperm Specific Protein ProAKAP4 as an innovative marker to evaluate sperm quality and fertility. Journal of Dairy & Veterinary Sciences. Vol. 11:01-19.
- Blommaert D, Sergeant N, Delehedde M, Jouy N, Mitchell V, Franck T, Donnay I, Lejeune JP and Serteyn D (2019) Expression, localization, and concentration of A-kinase anchor protein 4 (AKAP4) and its precursor (proAKAP4) in equine semen: Promising marker correlated to the total and progressive motility in thawed spermatozoa. Theriogenology. Vol. 131:52-60.
- Delehedde M, Blommaert D, Jouy N, Scabello J, Miersman H, Franck T, Serteyn D, Mitchell V and Sergeant S (2018) Concentration of proAKAP4 as a pertinent read-out of sperm quality in mammals. Animal Reproduction Science. Vol. 194:24.
- Sergeant N, Jumeau F, Eddarkaoui S, Sigala J, Dossou GF, Delehedde M, Buee L, Yvoz JF and Mitchell V (2016) Investigating proteomic methods and tools to assess sperm quality. Animal Reproduction Science. Vol. 169:99-135.
- Luconi M, Cantini G, Baldi E and Forti G (2011) Role of A-kinase anchoring proteins (AKAPs) in reproduction. Frontiers in Bioscience. Vol. 16:1315-1330.
- Miki K, Goulding EH, Fulcher KD, Eddy E, Willis WD and Brown PR (2002) Targeted disruption of the AKAP4 gene causes defects in sperm flagellum and motility. Developmental Biology. Vol. 248:331-342.
Please visit our website www.4biodx-breeding.com to discover our tools dedicated to breeding and insemination centers.