A robust testing kit to assess semen quality and male fertility in goat breeds.
The Goat 4MID® Kit (Ref. 4VDX-18K9) contains all reagents and buffers required for the quantification of proAKAP4 protein in buck semen.
This ELISA Kit is the 1st functional test to evaluate sperm quality and male fertility in bucks (all breeds)
The concentration of the proAKAP4 protein is a good indicator of sperm quality and of how the spermatozoa can keep its motility high and efficient overtimes (Sergeant et al., 2019 ; Bastan and Akcay, 2021).
High concentrations of proAKAP4 help select buck semen with long lasting motility and are indicative of good spermatogenesis, giving more mature, more “normal’ spermatozoa and less tail abnormalities ratio in semen samples (Sergeant et al., 2019 ; Bastan and Akcay, 2021).
Technical data :
- Name: Goat 4MID® Kit
- Reference : Ref. 4VDX-18K9
- Specificité : goat proAKAP4 (all breeds)
- This ELISA kit allows to assess from 1 to 88 samples simultaneously or individually (12 breakable strips of 8 wells per microplate of 96 wells / per kit)
- Easy to use immunoassay
- Easy to interpret (give a number)/ easy to implement in breeding centers and labs.
- Robust, objective and reproductible method
Research Use Only Product (RUO) / Not for Diagnosis or Therapeutic Use.
Example of references about AKAP4/proAKAP4 :
- Fatet A, Sergeant N, Dordas-Perpinyà M, Drouet B, Ponthoreau O, Carracedo S, Bruyas JF, Thorin C, Delehedde M and Briand-Amirat L (2022) Sperm-specific protein proAKAP4 as a marker to evaluate sperm quality and fertility of Alpine and Saanen Bucks. Reproduction in Domestic Animals. Vol. 57(4):79. https://doi.org/10.1111/rda.14244
- Carracedo S, Briand-Amirat L, Dordas-Perpinyà M, Ramos Escuredo Y, Delcombel R, Sergeant N and Delehedde M (2022) ProAKAP4 protein marker: towards a functional approach to male fertility. Animal Reproduction Science. Vol.247(107074):1-20. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.anireprosci.2022.107074
- Delehedde M, Carracedo S, Selleslagh M, et al. ProAKAP4 polypeptide as a biomarker of sperm functionality and male fertility disorders. Int J Gynecol and Reprod Sci. (2019);2(1):13-19.
- Sergeant N, Briand-Amirat L, Bencharif D and Delehedde M (2019) The sperm specific protein proAKAP4 as an innovative marker to evaluate sperm quality and fertility. Journal of Dairy & Veterinary Sciences. Vol. 11:01-19
- Bastan I and Akcay E (2021) Quality assessment of frozen bull semen with the precursor A-kinase anchor protein 4 biomarker. Andrologia e14164.
- Riesco M, Anel-Lopez L, Neila-Montero M, Palacin-Martinez C, Montes-Garrido R, Alvarez M, de Paz P, Anel L (2020) ProAKAP4 as Novel Molecular Marker of Sperm Quality in Ram: An Integrative Study in Fresh, Cooled and Cryopreserved Sperm. Biomolecules. 10(7):1046. doi: 10.3390/biom10071046
- Delehedde M, Carracedo S, Selleslagh M, et al. ProAKAP4 polypeptide as a biomarker of sperm functionality and male fertility disorders. Int J Gynecol and Reprod Sci. (2019);2(1):13-19
- Delehedde M, Blommaert D, Jouy N, Scabello J, Miersman H, Franck T, Serteyn D, Mitchell V, and Sergeant S (2018) Concentration of proAKAP4 as a pertinent read-out of sperm quality in mammals. Animal Reproduction Science. Vol. 194:24.
- Blommaert D, Sergeant N, Delehedde M, Jouy N, Mitchell V, Franck T, Donnay I, Lejeune JP and Serteyn D (2019) Expression, localization, and concentration of A-kinase anchor protein 4 (AKAP4) and its precur-sor (proAKAP4) in equine semen: promising marker correlated to the total and progressive motility in thawed spermatozoa. Theriogenology. Vol. 131:52-60.
- Sergeant N, Jumeau F, Eddarkaoui S, Sigala J, Dossou GF, Delehedde M, Buee L, Yvoz JF and Mitchell V (2016) Investigating proteomic methods and tools to assess sperm quality. Animal Reproduction Science. Vol. 169:99-135.
- Luconi M, Cantini G, Baldi E and Forti G (2011) Role of A-kinase anchoring proteins (AKAPs) in reproduction. Frontiers in Bioscience. Vol. 16:1315-1330.
- Miki K, Goulding EH, Fulcher KD, Eddy E, Willis WD and Brown PR (2002) Targeted disruption of the AKAP4 gene causes defects in sperm flagellum and motility. Developmental Biology. Vol. 248:331-342.
Please visit our website www.4biodx-breeding.com to discover our tools dedicated to breeding and insemination centers.