Innovative complete immunoassay to assess semen quality in rabbit (all breeds).
The Rabbit 4MID® Kit (Ref. 4VDX-18K6) is the first immunoassay that validates objectively semen quality by quantifying a protein biomarker named proAKAP4 in samples of rabbit semen.
This ELISA kit is the 1st functional test to evaluate sperm quality in rabbits based on a molecular approach.
The dosage of the proAKAP4 biomarker with the Rabbit 4MID® Kit, will bring:
Objective information on semen quality
Qualification of each breeding male and their ejaculates
Pertinent parameter to improve sperm cryopreservation
- Selection of semen with long-lasting motility at post-thaw
A functional indicator correlated to fertility and prolificity
- Selection of semen with less tail abnormalities
- An indicator of the good quality of spermatogenesis
The concentration of the proAKAP4 biomarker is a good indicator of sperm quality and of how the spermatozoa can keep its motility high and efficient overtimes (Sergeant et al., 2019 ; Delehedde et al. 2019).
High concentrations of proAKAP4 help select semen with long lasting motility and are indicative of good spermatogenesis, giving more mature, more “normal’ spermatozoa and less tail abnormalities ratio in bull semen samples (Bastan and Akcay, 2021).
Technical data about the Rabbit 4MID Kit :
- Name: Rabbit 4MID® Kit
- Reference: 4VDX-18K6
- Specificity : rabbit proAKAP4 (all breeds)
- This ELISA kit allows to assess from 1 to 88 samples simultaneously or individually (12 strips of 8 wells per 96-well microplate / per kit)
- Working with fresh, chilled and frozen semen in extenders / isolated spermatozoa
- Easy to use immunoassay
- Easy to interpret (give a number)
- Robust, objective and reproductible method
Research Use Only Product (RUO) / Not for Diagnosis or Therapeutic Use.
Example of references about AKAP4/proAKAP4 :
- Gardela J, Ruiz-Conca M, Palomares A, Olvera-Maneu S, García-Calvo L, López-Béjar M, Martínez-Pastor F and Álvarez-Rodríguez M (2023) Effect of Honey, Coenzyme Q10, and-Carotene-Tocopherol as Novel Additives in Rabbit-Sperm Cryopreservation Extender. Animals Vol. 13(14):2392. https://doi.org/10.3390/ani13142392
- Carracedo S, Briand-Amirat L, Dordas-Perpinyà M, Ramos Escuredo Y, Delcombel R, Sergeant N and Delehedde M (2022) ProAKAP4 protein marker: towards a functional approach to male fertility. Animal Reproduction Science. Vol.247(107074):1-20. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.anireprosci.2022.10707
- Bastan I and Akcay E (2021) Quality assessment of frozen bull semen with the precursor A-kinase anchor protein 4 biomarker. Andrologia e14164.
- Delehedde M, Carracedo S, Selleslagh M, et al. ProAKAP4 polypeptide as a biomarker of sperm functionality and male fertility disorders. Int J Gynecol and Reprod Sci. (2019);2(1):13-19
- Sergeant N, Briand-Amirat L, Bencharif D and Delehedde M (2019) The Sperm Specific Protein ProAKAP4 as an innovative marker to evaluate sperm quality and fertility. Journal of Dairy & Veterinary Sciences. Vol. 11:01-19.
- Nixon B, Bernstein I, Cafe SL, Delehedde M, Sergeant S, Eamens AL, Lord T, Dun MD, De Iuliis GN and Bromfield EG (2019b) A Kinase Anchor Protein 4 is vulnerable to oxidative adduction in male germ cells. Frontiers in Cell and Developmental Biology – Vol. 7:319.
- Blommaert D, Sergeant N, Delehedde M, Jouy N, Mitchell V, Franck T, Donnay I, Lejeune JP and Serteyn D (2019) Expression, localization, and concentration of A-kinase anchor protein 4 (AKAP4) and its precursor (proAKAP4) in equine semen: Promising marker correlated to the total and progressive motility in thawed spermatozoa. Theriogenology. Vol. 131:52-60.
- Delehedde M, Blommaert D, Jouy N, Scabello J, Miersman H, Franck T, Serteyn D, Mitchell V and Sergeant S (2018) Concentration of proAKAP4 as a pertinent read-out of sperm quality in mammals. Animal Reproduction Science. Vol. 194:24.
- Blommaert D, Sergeant N, Delehedde M, Franck T, Lejeune JP and Serteyn D (2018) Significant correlation between the proAKAP4 concentration and the total and progressive motility in stallion sperm after thawing. Journal of Equine Veterinary Science. Vol. 66:43.
- Sergeant N, Jumeau F, Eddarkaoui S, Sigala J, Dossou GF, Delehedde M, Buee L, Yvoz JF and Mitchell V (2016) Investigating proteomic methods and tools to assess sperm quality. Animal Reproduction Science. Vol. 169:99-135.
Please visit our website www.4biodx-breeding.com to discover our tools dedicated to breeding and insemination centers.