The Dog 4MID® Kit (Ref.4VDX-18K5) is the first immunoassay that validates objectively semen quality by quantifying a protein biomarker named proAKAP4 in dog semen. This ELISA kit is the 1st functional test to evaluate sperm quality.
The dosage of the proAKAP4 biomarker with the 4MID® Kit, will bring you:
- Objective information on semen quality
- Qualification of each breeding male and their ejaculates
- Pertinent parameter to improve sperm cryopreservation
- A functional indicator correlated to fertility and prolificity
The concentration of the proAKAP4 biomarker is a good indicator of sperm quality and of how the spermatozoa can keep its motility high and efficient up to fecondation.
- Name: Dog 4MID® Kit
- This kit makes it possible to test from 1 to 88 samples simultaneously
- Working with fresh ejaculate or with frozen semen
- Easy to use immunoassay / Manual and automated assay
- Robust and reproductible method
Research Use Only Product (RUO) / Not for Diagnosis or Therapeutic Use.
Reagents provided in the Dog 4MID® Kit
The Dog 4MID® Kit (Ref. 4VDX-18K5) contains all reagents and buffers required for the quantification of proAKAP4 protein in dog semen.
- One Microplate pre-coated with the Capture Antibody
- One vial of Standard
- One vial of Detection Antibody
- One bottle of the Enzyme Reagent
- One bottle of 10X Wash Buffer
- One bottle of the Sample Diluant
- One bottle of the Acid Stop Solution
- One Vial of Positive Control
- Two adhesive plate sealers
References about AKAP4/proAKAP4 in dogs:
- Delehedde M, Carracedo S, Selleslagh M, et al. ProAKAP4 polypeptide as a biomarker of sperm functionality and male fertility disorders. Int J Gynecol and Reprod Sci. (2019);2(1):13-19.
- Le Couazer D, Delehedde M, Ruelle I, Sergeant N, Michaud S, Briand L and Bencharif D (2019a) ProAKAP4 as a valuable marker to assess sperm quality in dogs. Reproduction in Domestic Animals. In press.
- Sergeant N, Briand-Amirat L, Bencharif D and Delehedde M (2019) The sperm specific protein proAKAP4 as an innovative marker to evaluate sperm quality and fertility. Journal of Dairy & Veterinary Sciences. Vol. 11:01-19.
- Le Couazer D, Sergeant N, Jouy N, Loyens A, Destrumelle S, Delehedde M, Briand-Amirat L and Bencharif D (2019b) Expression of proAKAP4 in dog semen as promising marker of sperm quality. Reproduction in Domestic Animals. In press.
- Delehedde M, Blommaert D, Jouy N, Scabello J, Miersman H, Franck T, Serteyn D, Mitchell V, and Sergeant S (2018) Concentration of proAKAP4 as a pertinent read-out of sperm quality in mammals. Animal Reproduction Science. Vol. 194:24.
- Sergeant N, Jumeau F, Eddarkaoui S, Sigala J, Dossou GF, Delehedde M, Buee L, Yvoz JF and Mitchell V (2016) Investigating proteomic methods and tools to assess sperm quality. Animal Reproduction Science. Vol. 169:99-135.
- Teijeiro JM and Marini PE (2012) The effect of oviductal deleted in malignant brain tumor 1 over porcine sperm is mediated by a signal transduction pathway that involves pro-AKAP4 phosphorylation. Reproduction. Vol. 143:773-785.
Please visit our website www.4biodx-breeding.com to discover our tools dedicated to breeding and insemination centers.