The Dog 4MID® Kit (Ref.4VDX-18K5) is the first immunoassay that validates objectively semen quality by quantifying a protein biomarker named proAKAP4 in dog semen.
This ELISA kit is the 1st functional test to evaluate sperm quality in dogs (all breeds).
The dosage of the proAKAP4 concentration with the Dog 4MID® Kit will allow :
- Qualification of male ejaculates before and after cryopreservation
- Qualification of each breeding male
- Selection of the best semen for cryopreservation
- Selection of semen with long lasting motility and functionality at post-thaw
- Selection of semen with more mature, normal and less-tail abnormalities (indicator of good quality spermatogenesis
- Selection of best extender for semen preservation
The concentration of the proAKAP4 marker is an objective indicator of sperm quality and of how the spermatozoa can keep its motility high and efficient overtimes (Sergeant et al. 2019 ; Bastan and Akay, 2021).
High concentrations of proAKAP4 help select semen with long lasting motility and are indicative of good spermatogenesis, giving more mature, more “normal’ spermatozoa and less tail abnormalities ratio in bull semen samples (Bastan and Akcay, 2021).
Technical data about the Dog 4MID® Kit :
- Name: Dog 4MID® Kit
- Reference : 4VDX-18K5
- Specificity : dog proAKAP4 (all breeds)
- ELISA Kit (96 wells microplate)
- This ELISA kit allow to assess from 1 to 88 samples simultaneously or individually 12 breakable strips of 8 wells per plate/kit)
- Working with fresh ejaculate, chilled or frozen semen in extenders / isolated spermatozoa
- Easy to use immunoassay
- Easy to interpret / to implement in clinics and breeding centers
- Robust, objective and reproductible method
Research Use Only Product (RUO) / Not for Diagnosis or Therapeutic Use.
References about AKAP4/proAKAP4 :
- Bastan I and Akcay E (2021) Quality assessment of frozen bull semen with the precursor A-kinase anchor pro-tein 4 biomarker. Andrologia e14164.
- Delehedde M, Carracedo S, Selleslagh M, et al. ProAKAP4 polypeptide as a biomarker of sperm functionality and male fertility disorders. Int J Gynecol and Reprod Sci. (2019);2(1):13-19.
- Sergeant N, Briand-Amirat L, Bencharif D and Delehedde M (2019) The sperm specific protein proAKAP4 as an innovative marker to evaluate sperm quality and fertility. Journal of Dairy & Veterinary Sciences. Vol. 11:01-19.
- Langlade C, Buff S, Dias C, Commin L (2020) Assessment of Optimized Frozen/Thawed Semen Samples in Canines with the New A-Kinase Anchor Protein 4 Precursor Biomarker. Biopreserv Biobank. 18(5):409-414.
- Carracedo S, Loyens A, Eddarkaoui S, Serteyn D, Malo C, Skidmore L, Briand-Amirat L, Barbotin AL, Maurage CA, Delehedde M and Sergeant N (2020) The sperm specific proAKAP4 polypeptide exhibited conserved functions, localizations and metabolism among mammals. Animal Reproduction Science. Vol. 220 :10644
- Le Couazer D, Delehedde M, Ruelle I, Sergeant N, Michaud S, Briand L and Bencharif D (2019a) ProAKAP4 as a valuable marker to assess sperm quality in dogs. Reproduction in Domestic Animals. Vol 54(2):91-92.
- Le Couazer D, Sergeant N, Jouy N, Michaud S, Loyens A, Delehedde M, Amirat-Briand L and Bencharif D (2019b). Expression of proAKAP4 in dog semen as promising marker of sperm quality. Reproduction in Domes-tic Animal. Vol 54(S3):73.
- Nixon B, Bernstein I, Cafe SL, Delehedde M, Sergeant S, Eamens AL, Lord T, Dun MD, De Iuliis GN and Bromfield EG (2019b) A Kinase Anchor Protein 4 is vulnerable to oxidative adduction in male germ cells. Frontiers in Cell and Developmental Biology – Vol. 7:319.
- Delehedde M, Blommaert D, Jouy N, Scabello J, Miersman H, Franck T, Serteyn D, Mitchell V, and Sergeant S (2018) Concentration of proAKAP4 as a pertinent read-out of sperm quality in mammals. Animal Reproduction Science. Vol. 194:24.
- Sergeant N, Jumeau F, Eddarkaoui S, Sigala J, Dossou GF, Delehedde M, Buee L, Yvoz JF and Mitchell V (2016) Investigating proteomic methods and tools to assess sperm quality. Animal Reproduction Science. Vol. 169:99-135.
- Teijeiro JM and Marini PE (2012) The effect of oviductal deleted in malignant brain tumor 1 over porcine sperm is mediated by a signal transduction pathway that involves pro-AKAP4 phosphorylation. Reproduction. Vol. 143:773-785.
Please visit our website www.4biodx-breeding.com to discover our tools dedicated to breeding and insemination centers.