Innovative immunoassay to assess semen quality in bull
The Bull 4MID® Kit (Ref. 4VDX-18K4) is the first immunoassay that validates objectively semen quality by quantifying a protein biomarker named proAKAP4 in samples of bull semen. This ELISA kit is the 1st functional test to evaluate sperm quality and fertility, as high levels of AKAP4 has been shown in high fertile bulls (Peddinti et al. 2008 : Singh et al. 2019).
The dosage of the proAKAP4 biomarker with the Bull 4MID® Kit, will bring you:
Objective information on semen quality
Qualification of each breeding male and their ejaculates
Pertinent parameter to improve sperm cryopreservation
A functional indicator correlated to fertility
The concentration of the proAKAP4 biomarker is a good indicator of sperm quality and of how the spermatozoa can keep its motility high and efficient up to fecondation.
Technical data of the Bull 4MID® Kit
- Name: Bull 4MID® Kit - Bovin
- This kit makes it possible to test from 1 to 90 samples simultaneously
- Working with fresh ejaculate or with frozen semen
- Easy to use immunoassay
- Manual and automated assay
- Robust and reproductible method
Research Use Only Product (RUO) / Not for Diagnosis or Therapeutic Use.
References about AKAP4/proAKAP4 in bulls:
- Delehedde M, Carracedo S, Selleslagh M, et al. ProAKAP4 polypeptide as a biomarker of sperm functionality and male fertility disorders. Int J Gynecol and Reprod Sci. (2019);2(1):13-19.
- Sergeant N, Briand-Amirat L, Bencharif D and Delehedde M (2019) The sperm specific protein proAKAP4 as an innovative marker to evaluate sperm quality and fertility. Journal of Dairy & Veterinary Sciences. Vol. 11:01-19.
- Singh R, Junghare V, Hazra S, Singh U, Sengar GS, Raja TV, Kumar S, Tyagi S, Das A.K., Kumar A, Koringa P, Jakhesara S, Joshi CJ and Deb R (2019) Database on spermatozoa transcriptogram of catagorised frieswal crossbred (holstein friesian X sahiwal) bulls. Theriogenology. Vol. 129:130-145.
- Fu Q, Pan L, Huang D, Wang Z, Hou Z and Zhang M (2019) Proteomic profiles of buffalo spermatozoa and seminal plasma. Theriogenology. Vol. 134:74-82.
- Ruelle I, Charreaux F, Bencharif D, Thorin C, Michaud S, Schmitt E, Sergeant N, Briand-Amirad L and Delehedde M (2019) Assessment of the sperm specific protein proAKAP4 as a marker to evaluate sperm quality and fertility in Holstein bulls. Animal Reproduction. In press.
- Delehedde M, Blommaert D, Jouy N, Scabello J, Miersman H, Franck T, Serteyn D, Mitchell V and Sergeant S (2018) Concentration of proAKAP4 as a pertinent read-out of sperm quality in mammals. Animal Reproduction Science. Vol. 194:24.
- Sergeant N, Jumeau F, Eddarkaoui S, Sigala J, Dossou GF, Delehedde M, Buee L, Yvoz JF and Mitchell V (2016) Investigating proteomic methods and tools to assess sperm quality. Animal Reproduction Science. Vol. 169:99-135.
- Jagan Mojanarao G and Atreja S.K (2011) Identification of capacitation associated tyrosine phosphoproteins in buffalo and cattle spermatozoa. Animal Reproduction Science. Vol. 123:40-47.
- Fiedler S, Bajpai M and Carr D (2008) Identification and characterization of RHOA-interacting proteins in bovine spermatozoa. Biology of Reproduction. Vol. 78:184-192.
- Peddinti D, Nanduri B, Kaya A, Feugang JM, Burgess SC and Memili E (2008) Comprehensive proteomic analysis of bovine spermatozoa of varying fertility rates and identification of biomarkers associated with fertility. BMC Systems Biology. Vol. (2)19:1-13.
- Moss S, Turner R, Burkert K, Butt H and Gerton G (1999) Conservation and function of a bovine sperm A-kinase anchor protein homologous to mouse AKAP82. Biology of Reproduction. Vol. 61:335-342.
Please visit our website www.4biodx-breeding.com to discover our tools dedicated to breeding and insemination centers.