Innovative immunoassay to assess semen quality in horse
The Horse 4MID® Kit (Ref. 4VDX-18K3) is the first immunoassay that validates objectively semen quality by quantifying a protein named proAKAP4 in samples of horse semen. This ELISA kit is the 1st functional test to evaluate sperm quality and male fertility.
The dosage of the proAKAP4 biomarker with the Horse 4MID® Kit will bring you:
• Tool for the selection of the breeding males
• Qualification of each breeding male
• Qualification of male ejaculates before and after cryopreservation
The concentration of the proAKAP4 biomarker is a good indicator of sperm quality and of how the spermatozoa can keep its motility high and efficient up to fecondation (Sergeant et al., 2019).
- Name: Horse 4MID Kit
- This kit makes it possible to test from 1 to 90 samples simultaneously
- Working with fresh ejaculate or with frozen semen in extenders
- Easy to use immunoassay / Manual and automated assay
- Robust and reproductible method
Research Use Only Product (RUO) / Not for Diagnosis or Therapeutic Use.
References about AKAP4/proAKAP4 in horses:
- Delehedde M, Carracedo S, Selleslagh M, et al. ProAKAP4 polypeptide as a biomarker of sperm functionality and male fertility disorders. Int J Gynecol and Reprod Sci. (2019);2(1):13-19.
- Sergeant N, Briand-Amirat L, Bencharif D and Delehedde M (2019) The Sperm Specific Protein ProAKAP4 as an innovative marker to evaluate sperm quality and fertility. Journal of Dairy & Veterinary Sciences. Vol. 11:01-19.
- Blommaert D, Sergeant N, Delehedde M, Jouy N, Mitchell V, Franck T, Donnay I, Lejeune JP and Serteyn D (2019b) Expression, localization, and concentration of A-kinase anchor protein 4 (AKAP4) and its precursor (proAKAP4) in equine semen: Promising marker correlated to the total and progressive motility in thawed spermatozoa. Theriogenology. Vol. 131:52-60.
- Delehedde M, Blommaert D, Jouy N, Scabello J, Miersman H, Franck T, Serteyn D, Mitchell V and Sergeant S (2018) Concentration of proAKAP4 as a pertinent read-out of sperm quality in mammals. Animal Reproduction Science. Vol. 194:24.
- Blommaert D, Sergeant N, Delehedde M, Franck T, Lejeune JP and Serteyn D (2018) Significant correlation between the proAKAP4 concentration and the total and progressive motility in stallion sperm after thawing. Journal of Equine Veterinary Science. Vol. 66:43.
- Sergeant N, Jumeau F, Eddarkaoui S, Sigala J, Dossou GF, Delehedde M, Buee L, Yvoz JF and Mitchell V (2016) Investigating proteomic methods and tools to assess sperm quality. Animal Reproduction Science. Vol. 169:99-135.
- Turner R, Casas-Dolz P, Schlingmann K and Hameed S (2005) Characterization of an A-kinase anchor protein in equine spermatozoa and examination of the effect of semen cooling and cryopreservation on the binding of that protein to the regulatory subunit of protein kinase-A. American Journal of Veterinary Research. Vol. 66:1055-1056.
Please visit our website www.4biodx-breeding.com to discover our tools dedicated to breeding and insemination centers.