Innovative complete immunoassay to assess semen quality and fertility in pigs.
The Pig 4MID® Kit (Ref. 4VDX-18K2) is the first immunoassay that validates objectively semen quality by quantifying a protein biomarker named proAKAP4 in samples of pig semen. This ELISA kit is the 1st functional test to evaluate sperm quality.
The dosage of the proAKAP4 biomarker with the 4MID® Kit, will bring you:
- Objective information on semen quality
- Qualification of each breeding male and their ejaculates
- Traceability in the quality of the semen throughout all the life of the animal
- A functional indicator correlated to fertility and prolificity
The concentration of the proAKAP4 biomarker is a good indicator of sperm quality and of how the spermatozoa can keep its motility high and efficient up to fecondation.
- Name: Pig 4MID® Kit
- This kit makes it possible to test 42 samples in duplicate or 87 samples in monoplicate in less than 2 hours
- Working with fresh ejaculate or with frozen semen
- Easy to use immunoassay / Manual and automated assay
- Robust and reproductible method
Research Use Only Product (RUO) / Not for Diagnosis or Therapeutic Use.
Reagents provided in the Pig 4MID® Kit
The Pig 4MID® Kit (Ref. 4VDX-18K2) contains all reagents and buffers required for the quantification of proAKAP4 protein in pig semen.
- One Microplate pre-coated with the Capture Antibody
- One vial of Standard
- One vial of Detection Antibody
- One bottle of the Enzyme Reagent
- One bottle of 10X Wash Buffer
- One bottle of the Sample Diluant
- One bottle of the Acid Stop Solution
- One vial of Positive Control
- Two adhesive plate sealers
References about AKAP4/proAKAP4 in pigs:
- Sergeant N, Briand-Amirat L, Bencharif D and Delehedde M (2019) The Sperm Specific Protein ProAKAP4 as an innovative marker to evaluate sperm quality and fertility. Journal of Dairy & Veterinary Sciences. Vol. 11:01-19.
- Delehedde M, Blommaert D, Jouy N Scabello J, Miersman H, Franck T, Serteyn D, Mitchell and Sergeant S (2018) Concentration of proAKAP4 as a pertinent read-out of sperm quality in mammals. Animal Reproduction Science. Vol. 194:e24.
- Li X, Linqing Z, Jieli F, Lirui W, Qiangzhen Y, Peifei L and Yuhua L (2018) Quantitative proteomic profiling indicates the difference in reproductive efficiency between Meishan and Duroc boar spermatozoa. Theriogenology. Vol. 116:71-82.
- Teijeiro JM, Cabada MO and Marini PE (2008) Sperm binding glycoprotein (SBG) produces calcium and bicarbonate dependent alteration of acrosome morphology and protein tyrosine phosphorylation on boar sperm. Journal of Cellular Biochemistry. Vol. 103:1413-1423.
- Teijeiro JM, Dapino DG and Marini PE (2011) Porcine oviduct sperm binding glycoprotein and its deleterious effect on sperm: a mechanism for negative selection of sperm? Biological Research. Vol. 44:329-337.
- Teijeiro JM and Marini PE (2012) The effect of oviductal deleted in malignant brain tumor 1 over porcine sperm is mediated by a signal transduction pathway that involves proAKAP4 phosphorylation. Reproduction. Vol. 143:773-785.
Please visit our website www.4biodx-breeding.com to discover our tools dedicated to breeding and insemination centers.