Innovative complete immunoassay to assess semen quality in human
The Human 4MID® Kit (Ref. 4BDX-18K1) contains all reagents and buffers required for the quantification of proAKAP4 protein in sperm. This ELISA Kit is the 1st functional test to evaluate sperm quality.
The concentration of the proAKAP4 biomarker is a good indicator of sperm quality and of how the spermatozoa can keep its motility high and efficient up to fecondation (Delehedde et al., 2019).
- Name: Human 4MID® Kit
- Ref : 4BDX-18K1
- This kit makes it possible to test from 1 to 88 samples simultaneously
- Working with fresh ejaculate or with frozen semen
- Easy to use immunoassay / Manual and automated assay
- Robust and reproductible method
Research Use Only Product (RUO) / Not for Diagnosis or Therapeutic Use.
Reagents provided in the Human 4MID® Kit
- One Microplate pre-coated with the Capture Antibody
- One vial of Standard
- One vial of Detection Antibody
- One bottle of the Enzyme Reagent
- One bottle of 10X Wash Buffer
- One bottle of the Sample Diluant
- One bottle of the Acid Stop Solution
- One vial of Positive Controle
- Two adhesive plate sealers
- Delehedde M, Carracedo S, Selleslagh M, et al. ProAKAP4 polypeptide as a biomarker of sperm functionality and male fertility disorders. Int J Gynecol and Reprod Sci. (2019);2(1):13-19.
- Delehedde M, Demouveaux B, Remy G, Selleslagh M Dewulf Q, Desseyn JL, Moreau M, Gosset P, Muriel Pichavant M and Sergeant N (2019a) ProAKAP4 concentrations as an indicator of good spermatogenesis and sperm quality under oxidative stress conditions. Andrology. Vol. 7(1):86.
- Delehedde M, Demouveaux B, Remy G, Desseyn JL, Mitchell V, Barbotin AL, Gosset P, Pichavant M and Sergeant N (2019b) Evaluation of the proAKAP4 detection kits as functional tests of sperm quality under stress conditions. Human Reproduction. In press.
- Jumeau F, Sigala J, Dossou-Gbete F, Frimat K, Barbotin AL, Buée L, Béhal H, Sergeant N and Mitchell V (2018) A-kinase anchor protein 4 precursors (pro-AKAP4) in human sperm. Andrology. Vol. (6):854-859.
- Jumeau F, Sigala J, Fernandez-Gomez FJ, Eddarkaoui S, Duban-Deweer S, Buée L, Béhal H, Sergeant N and Mitchell V (2018) Gel electrophoresis of human sperm: a simple method for evaluating sperm protein quality. Basic Clin. Androl. Vol. 3(28):10.
- Escalier D and Albert M (2006) New ﬁbrous sheath anomaly in spermatozoa of men with consanguinity. Fertility and Sterility. Vol. 86:2191-2199.